The Shadow Hills Dual Vandergraph is a 500 series compressor based on their flagship mastering Compressor. This is definitely a case of big things come in small packages as the sound of the Vandergraph can be described as "larger than life". It is fairly easy to use and the compression ratios and fixed attack/release times are well matched.
Compression Ratios Attack Release
1.2:1 30ms 100ms
2.5:1 30ms 500ms
4;1 10ms 500ms
8:1 0.5ms 250ms
- Input impedance 20k
- Minimum load impedance 600 ohms
- Fully Class-A
- Discrete audio path
- Discrete gain cells from Mastering Compressor
- Sidechain Filter Matrix from Optograph (high-pass filters - 90,150, 250 hz and bandpass 250hz - 6khz)
- Swiss made discrete attenuators
- Military Spec build quality
- Meets the specifications of the VPR Alliance
Here's a TapeOp review of the Dual Vandegraph.
$1875 at Vintage King.