Looking for a great sounding rack mount Spring Reverb? Then take a look/listen to the DSR-3 Dual Spring Reverb from Vermona. The DSR-3 is based on the highly acclaimed Accutronics Reverb and is actually their fourth reverb.
The other three are the RetubeVerb which is valve based;
the RetroVerb Lancet which is a desktop unit;
and the VSR-3 which is a simpler rackmount unit.
"The DSR-3 - dual spring reverb - is a professional spring reverberation unit for use with stereophonic sound sources. Besides this function, the unit offers additional parallel and serial operational modes for advanced and creative applications....."
The DSR-3 has very flexible routing and a D.I. (instrument) input. The reverb can be turned off if needed with the effect stop switch but still retain the tone/color of the unit.
- STEREO for the use with stereophonic sound sources. For perfect channel matching, the first SPRING REVERB channel's physical controls are used to define both channels settings.
- DUAL MONO for use with two independent sound sources. Each DSR–3 channel works as an independent unit.
- SERIAL for experimental reverberation effects. Here, the first SPRING REVERB channel is fed into the second channel. This allows creation of long lasting reverberation tails.
- Balanced and Unbalanced I/O
- Bass and Treble controls
- Hand matched high quality Accubell reverberation springs
- D.I. Input
- max. input sensitivity: -14 dBu
- max. input level: +20 dBu
- output impedance
- TS front: 1 MΩ
- TS rear: 100 kΩ
- XLR: 10 kΩ
- max. output level: +20 dBu
- output impedance: 600 Ω
- signal-to-noice XLR
- direct: 90 dB
- effect: 65 dB
- bass: 40 Hz / ±13 dB
- treble: 7 kHz / ±22 dB
The DSR-3 will be available in October 2013. Price TBA.