The S2 is a Two Channel Tube Compressor introduced in 2008 from Drawmer's Signature Series. It has some great features that gives many creative options when it comes to dynamic control.
Take a look at Sound On Sound's Musikmesse '08 video of the S2:
From their website:
"The S2 Signature Series Dual Channel Tube Compressor is one of the latest products to emerge from Ivor Drawmer's high end designs and offers an ‘all tube - no technical compromise' circuit using only the highest grade components. The S2 features a host of new creative processing possibilities never before found in an all analogue dynamics package.
V-BIG: Retains bass frequencies and minimizes undesirable ‘pumping' by rolling off the detection signal at 75, 125 or 250Hz (user switchable). A fully variable level control allows for the desired amount of Big processing and an in/out switch provides the option to remove from the signal path for A/B comparison.
V-BRIGHT: A dynamic high frequency enhancer to keep compressed audio sounding fresh and bright with continuously variable frequency control (500Hz to 20kHz) and amount of dynamic enhancement.
DRY: Mixes user defined amount of ‘uncompressed' signal with the compressed signal to create ‘parallel compression effect' without the need for external mixing devices."
- 2 CHANNEL SOFT-KNEE TUBE COMPRESSOR
- FULLY BALANCED INTERNAL SIGNAL PATH
- CLASS A DESIGN
- ISOLATION TRANSFORMERS IN AND OUT
- ‘ALLTUBE' CIRCUIT DESIGN
- VARIABLE ATTACK AND RELEASE WITH OPTIONAL ‘PROGRAMME DEPENDENT' AUTO RELEASE OPERATION
- DUAL MONO OR STEREO LINK OPERATION
- SWITCHABLE ‘PEAK' OR ‘VU' METERING TO DISPLAY TRANSIENTS
- SWITCHABLE +10dB OR +20dB METER RE-SCALE MODES
- 8 SEGMENT GAIN REDUCTION METERING
- ‘BIG' MODE FOR RETAINING LOW FREQUENCIES
- ‘BRIGHT' MODE FOR ENHANCING HIGH FREQUENCIES
- ‘DRY' MIX MODE FOR ‘PARALLEL COMPRESSION EFFECT'
- BALANCED XLR INPUTS/OUTPUTS
$4995 at Vintage King