The AES 135th Convention is in full swing at the Jacob Javits Center, New York. For those able to attend its gear heaven, workshops on many different audio related topics plus you get to meet the people behind some of your favorite gear.
Here's some of the new products that have been announced for AES:
BetterMaker EQ 542.
- Stereo Parametric section, two paramtric filters offered in combined, matched stereo.
- High pass section, 24 dB/oct filter with selectable frequency
- Low pass section, 12 dB/oct filter with selectable frequency
- Full digital recall with 399 cells for your own presets.
- USB link to use the EQ’s just as you would use a plugin, including Automation.
- Free AU, VST, RTAS, (AXX soon) 32 & 64 bit plugin controller
- Steel screen isolators for maximum separation of digital and analog sections
- You can connect up to 99 EQ542′s to one D.A.W. and control them with dedicated plugins.
Check it out at AES New York. TransAudio Booth no. 3132.
Now there's no excuse not to have a 500 series rack. Lindell Audio has announced a 3 slot 500 Series power supply for only $279?!!.
Lindell 503 - 3 Slot 500 Series power supply
- 800mA of power per slot
- Gold plated XLR inputs and outputs
- Built in no noise Universal Power Supply: 90-250V
- Overload protection
- Short circuit protection
- Power rail led indication
- Aluminum cabinet
- Steel M3 threads
- Comes with a neoprene gig bag
There's also a 506 and a 510 ($549 for a 10 slot is insane!!)
API has announced a brand new console called THE BOX.
- Two (2) input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter, & integral 550A EQ
- Two (2) input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter, & 500 slot
- Two (2) compressors assignable to input channels or program bus with stereo link
- Sixteen (16) summing channels (20 channels during mix)
- Stereo program bus with master fader, insert, and external input
- One (1) stereo and (2) mono auxiliary sends/buses
- Stereo cue send/bus & headphone system
- PFL, AFL, and solo-in-place solo modes with stereo solo bus
- Full-featured monitor section that supports two stereo monitor systems
- Talkback system
- Comprehensive rear panel connections with balanced inputs and outputs
- Integrated power supply