Zynaptiq who makes unique plugins such as Unveil and Unfilter has released a 1.50 update for their PITCHMAP plugin.
I think PITCHMAP a great tool for producers/remixers/DJs. What do you think?
"PITCHMAP is a demixing-based plug-in that allows changing melodies and harmonies of any mixed musical recording in real-time, either by transforming them to new ones played on a MIDI keyboard, or by setting freely defined target scales. Based on Zynaptiqʼs proprietary MAP (Mixed-Signal Audio Processing) artificial intelligence technology, PITCHMAP can be applied to a wide variety of tasks, including original music production, remix work, correction of tuning issues and creative manipulation of existing recordings."
- Automatic correction of pitch inaccuracies in polyphonic and mixed signals
- Mapping of source to destination pitches via the GUI
- Definition of destination pitch grid via live MIDI
- Process bypass on arbitrary notes selected by their fundamental pitch
- all of which leaves non-pitched signals like drums virtually untouched
- Suppression & Extraction of mix elements based on their pitch using Mute Filters via GUI or MIDI control
- Continuously variable unique synthetic coloration options via parameters Electrify and Purify
- Polyphonic portamento/glides using the Glide parameter
- High-speed workflow: options to rapidly generate complex pitch maps using macro controls
- Snapshot functionality to allow rapid creation of automation
- Mono/Stereo plug-in supporting 44.1kHz and 48kHz sampling rates (higher rates being worked on)
1.50 update adds the following:
- Now also supports VST (32/64bit), RTAS and AAX Native (32/64bit) on Mac and Windows, in addition to AudioUnits on the Mac.
- Improved algorithm.
- New preset management functionality accessible from within the plug-in GUI allows user presets to be used across all plug-in formats on all platforms.
- New factory presets organized by application.
- Completely re-designed automation system for improved automation workflow.
- New option to enter values numerically by double-clicking controls.
- Snapshots now contain Sliders and Keyboard states only for better workflow.
- Enhanced compatibility with Mac OS X Sandboxing.
- New authorization app for a more streamlined user experience.
Check out these videos showing PITCHMAP being used to manipulate entire songs:
The first one is a quick demo by Protools expert.com's Russ Hughes using Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and the second is by Zynaptiq themselves demonstrating how they remixed a song with PITCHMAP.
Price USD 399/EUR 369
There is also a side grade offer for USD 199/EUR 179 if you own any of the following software:
1. Celemony Melodyne Editor, Studio or Assistant
2. Antares Auto Tune 7, Auto Tune Live
3. iZotope Nectar
4. Waves Tune, Tune LT