Mytek Digital is known for making some of the best audio converters in the industry. They recently announced that after two years of testing the final version of the Stereo192-DSD-DAC will be available on August 31st. The Stereo192 comes in a Preamp (black or silver) version and a Mastering version.
Here's some info from their press release prepared by their esteemed Founder and DAC designer Michal Jurewicz:
"The Stereo192-DSD-DAC is not just another USB DAC. It’s the next generation DAC with computer interface. It includes all the latest of both interface and conversion technology: asynchronous operation with ultra stable jitter free internal clock, 192k and DSD playback capability, the newest, high performance Sabre(tm) DAC in 8 mono channel to two stereo configuration, high performance hardware upsampling, new design of ultra transparent analog attenuator and high current, high slew rate headphone amp. All this assembled with hand picked high quality metal film resistors, solid and low impedance capacitors and other selected parts. Most importantly, countless listening comparisons lead to this design resulting in sonic detail and transparency superior not only to the competition but also to our own best designs to date."SPECIFICATIONS:
- Conversion: 32bit, PCM up to 192k, 64xDSD, 128xDSD.
- Dynamic Range: 128dB (ESS Sabre chipset in 8 mono to 2 stereo config.) THD DAC: -110dB.
- Digital Audio Inputs: SPDIF, AES/EBU, Toslink all up to 192k single wire.
- (64xDSD and 128XDSD SDIF DSD interface on Mastering Version).
- Clock: Internal Clock Generator (10ps jitter), Wordclock In and Out, or sync to incoming digital
- audio input with low jitter JET (tm) PLL.
- Internal Async Hardware Upsampling- 16bit 44.1k etc. can be optionally upsampled prior to
- conversion to 192k/24bit with clock jitter eliminated.
- Transparent, 1dB stepped programmable analog attenuator, separate for main out and headphones.
- Relay bypass of the attenuator for direct purist DAC out.
- A pair of unbalanced RCA analog outs for preamp functions (assignable to volume control) (In
- Preamp Version).
- High Current, High Slew Rate ultra low distortion 500mA hi-fi headphone amp.
- Worldwide user switchable linear power supply.
- Online downloadable firmware updates. - Ability of converting standard digital audio inputs into
- computer FW/USB input.
- Optional infrared remote (avail 2012).
- Enclosure: Compact portable 1/2 rack space 1.72in H x 8.5in W x 8.5in D.
- Weight 6 lbs.
User Menu Choices:
- Functions assignable to buttons: MUTE, PHASE INVERT, MONO, DIM
- Selection of clock choices
- Choice of upsampling or not
- Selection of slow or fast/steep filter for PCM
- Selection of 3 filters for out of band DSD
- Assignable input selection (display only active)
- Dimmable intensity of display/led meter
First batch of 100pcs is being manufactured now and will be shipping by August 31st.
Units can be ordered via Mytek Online Stores:
http://www.mytekdigital.com/usstore/ (USA and worldwide)
http://www.mytekdigital.com/europe/store/ (European Union)
or from authorized Mytek dealers worlwide.
Units will be shipped on a first come first serve basis in the sequence the orders were received.
For all questions regarding this product please contact Mytek New York via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 347 384 2687.
Please check the website periodically for additional product information (manual, comparison sound files and FAQ are coming up).
Cost: $1695 Preamp version/ $1595 Mastering version