THE BOX from API was introduced at the 135th AES Convention last year and has since garnered a lot of attention as a great small format studio console.
From the website:
"THE BOX is a small-format recording/mixing console designed for professional project studios, home studios, and production facilities of all kinds. Optimized for the digital era, THE BOX handles all the functions needed for production not provided by most DAWs, including mic preamps, input signal processing, high-quality mix bus, cue sends with talkback, monitor control, and more, without the redundant capacities of larger consoles. Most importantly, THE BOX provides the legendary "all discrete" API sound in an efficient, cost-effective package."
Here's an excerpt from a Mixonline review by Wes Maebe:
"THE BOX is a very cool vintage-looking, small-format recording/mixing console. In a way, it harkens back to the old split design. Channels 1 and 2 have a 550a 3-band EQ each, while channels 3 and 4 have free 500 Series slots, allowing you to customize that part of the console. In addition, all four recording channels have insert send and return points to hook up your favorite outboard processors."
- Two (2) input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter, & integral 550A EQ
- Two (2) input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter, & 500 slot
- Two (2) compressors assignable to input channels or program bus with stereo link
- Sixteen (16) summing channels (20 channels during mix)
- Stereo program bus with master fader, insert, and external input
- One (1) stereo and (2) mono auxiliary sends/buses
- Stereo cue send/bus & headphone system
- PFL, AFL, and solo-in-place solo modes with stereo solo bus
- Full-featured monitor section that supports two stereo monitor systems
- Talkback system
- Comprehensive rear panel connections with balanced inputs and outputs
- Integrated power supply
VintageKing Audio did a video presentation on THE BOX:
also take a look at this video by Cool Pony Media on tracking with THE BOX: