Emmis New York is seeking a Digital Group Content & Entertainment Director for our three unique and highly respected brands of HOT97.com, 1019RXP.com and 987KISSFM.com.
The appropriate candidate should be a self motivated visionary with the track record and ability to build and evolve a division that we deem imperative to the future of our business.
This leader of our digital content evolution must also be able to communicate and collaborate on vision, direction, organization, creativity, and strategy and intelligence continuity regarding the digital brands.
You will oversee and organize priorities, staff and production work flow process of content of music, talent, promotions and production necessary to produce marketable and sellable digital executions/ metrics on behalf of the Emmis NY cluster defining a constant competitive advantage and value proposition.
You will build a content aggregation strategy and determine what unique and exclusive content is best produced in house with limited resources.
Beyond development and oversight of all on-line programming, design/video production and work flow processes; you will meet with programming, marketing and sales staff to brainstorm, plan and execute digital promotions and image campaigns, evaluate digital content/ programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers, web partners to recommend acquisitions for aggregating content.
You must bring experience in developing, coaching and motivating digital content staff, manage department budget, tools and resources effectively and analyze metrics regularly for continued improved results.
Your background should include a track record in leadership, successfully building or growing a digitally focused business that enabled revenue results; significant digital content production experience and some radio or traditional media background is an asset.
This role will require a strong, accountable yet collaborative individual who posses both business savvy and creative genes to deliver innovative modeling with talented staff and high caliber brands into real and viable digital destinations that are profitable.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Communications/ Journalism or related area and/or with five years or more related experience with an emphasis on fine arts/new media/digital/design.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, work well with people, and
foster and facilitate collaboration.
- 5+ years of web & graphic marketing/productmanagement/project direction experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill set.
- Detail oriented and extremely organized, with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve results.
- College degree or equivalent required.
- Background in internet services (graphic design experience) and/or arts sector preferred.
- Web-savvy and fluent in the discussion of web-based tools and broad understanding of the software development process required; additional knowledge of online advertising preferred.
- Experience driving customer research.
- Understanding of web statistics, web programming, and related aspects of web and video technologies.
- Strong graphic design sensibility.
- Understanding of HTML, Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, and related programming is a plus.
- Strong writing/editorial and editing skills.
Please send resumes by March 18, 2011.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements listed above, please submit your resume and information online at www.emmis.com.
Phone calls will not be accepted.
If applying on line is not possible, please fax your resume to:
Patricia Robinson Fax: 212-206-3320
You can also mail it to:
Emmis Communications, 395 Hudson Street- 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014.
Emails can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emmis Communications -Emmis Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting, and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country.
Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate.
Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including
health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan.
For more information about Emmis, visit our website at www.emmis.com.