Interbrand started in 1974 when the world still thought of brands as just another word for logo. Over its 30+ years, Interbrand has changed the dialogue, defined the meaning of brand management, and continues to lead the debate on understanding brands as valuable business assets.
Today, Interbrand is amongst the largest brand consultancies and has grown to include 36 offices in 25 countries. A diverse range of insightful thinkers brings together the combination of rigorous strategy and analytics with world-class design creativity to help its clients create and manage brand value in all market dynamics.
It is widely respected for its annual study, The Best Global Brands, creating a broader platform for the discussion on brands in the Webby-award winning brandchannel.com, and numerous industry honors for its client work.
Every great writer is also a great thinker. In the role of Senior Consultant, you’ll be applying your creative talent to solve clients’ strategic branding needs. Bringing together your innate passion for words and your experience in the business, you’ll be a leader in the practice of Verbal Identity at Interbrand.
The ideal candidate will understand the “big picture” in branding, and represent the Interbrand vision and the full range of Verbal Identity services to current and potential clients. So what will you be doing exactly? A healthy blend of copywriting, strategic messaging, communications training, client relationship management – and of course, original thinking. Further, the role will entail other language-driven offerings in the department, including tagline development and name generation, working in conjunction with your colleagues in the Verbal identity team.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Constantly innovate naming and verbal identity practices including creative development, strategic exercises and presentation formats
- Represent the Interbrand Verbal Identity practice at high-level new business pitches and client presentations, as well as in interdepartmental projects
- Apply creative and strategic writing skills to consumer product and corporate branding assignments
- Work with the team to deliver writing solutions for messaging and copywriting across all client communication vehicles. Projects include positioning statements and brand ideas, tone of voice, messaging matrices, brochures, taglines, video scripts and headlines.
- Lend to the management and development of the Verbal Identity team
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ businesses and cultures, and ensure client relationships are strong, on-going and profitable.
- Develop increased client business with existing and new clients
- Coordinate with senior managers in other U.S. and international offices
- Work effectively with cross-disciplinary internal teams
- P&L management, resourcing and cost control
- Understand our clients' businesses and cultures
- Stay abreast of issues in trademark law and URL regulations
- Stay abreast of industry trends and consumer insights, particularly in the field of communication.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to apply creative and strategic writing to consumer product and corporate branding assignments.
- Multi-skilled, able to apply knowledge of language and writing into copy, messaging, tagline, naming, tone of voice and brand ideas.
- Ability to produce creative results independently as well as collaboratively.
- Energetic, optimistic and enthusiastic mindset.
- Understand varied brands, industries and cultures.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in the branding, PR or advertising field.
- BA degree in related studies.
- Proven writing experience.
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) a plus.
- Passion for branding
- Creatively strategic and strategically creative
- Excellent writing skills and ability to harness the power of language
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Proven client service skills
- Business development experience
- Leadership and team player qualities