Simply the best - of everything!
Building upon the experience gained with the Mobile I/O 2882 and ULN-2, we set out to design an integrated product to literally provide the best performance in each of its component sections while still providing all of the benefits of tight integration in a single field-capable package. The ULN-8 is the result of that development program.
The ULN-8 incorporates a number of new Metric Halo Audio technologies including:
- 192k sample rate support for both Analog and AES Inputs and Outputs
- New DC-coupled, zero phase distortion, servo balanced Line Inputs and Outputs
- ULN-R next generation remote controlled preamp technology. The Mic Pres in the ULN-8 build upon the audio performance pioneered by the ULN-2 preamp design with the additional benefit and technological innovation of full clickless remote control of the ULN Mic pre. This is accomplished with a sophisticated gain switching mechanism which incorporates Metric Halo "zero-cross" technology.
- Fully clickless remote controlled Monitor outputs. All ULN-8 analog outputs incorporate Metric Halo clickless remote technology allowing for flexible monitoring applications from stereo to 7.1 surround.
Integration for the WinBy implementing all the functions of a complete audio front end in a single package, the ULN-8 is able to provide unprecedented power and quality in a lightweight, low-power consumption, single RU hardware unit. This integration provides significant benefits to the owner in the form of reduced cabling (lower cost, weight and less opportunity for failure), weight, power consumption, and cost, while at the same time providing unprecedented performance.What does integration mean to you? Rather than pay for duplicate case work, duplicate power supplies and redundant interconnects, you get a product where all the components are engineered to work together and everything you pay for is dedicated to providing functionality towards the execution of your task. But the benefits don’t stop there. By tuning all the functional blocks of the system and removing external interconnects, the ULN-8 provides enhanced performance and reduced chance of failure from external influences. Connectors and cables are all potential sources of failure and interference. By eliminating preamp to converter and converter to interface cabling, these sources of cost and potential failure and interference are also eliminated. Internal operating levels within the box are tuned for optimal performance.The ULN-8’s integrated design provides maximal performance with a minimum use of material and power.
- Exceptional, Best–In–World, Archival Grade Converter Quality
- Exceptional, Boutique–Quality Mic Preamps
- Flexible, Integrated Analog-Domain Monitor Controller
- Universal Sample Rate Support
- Analog, AES and Firewire Interfacing
- Rock Solid Stability: Mature, Real-World-Tested Firmware, Software and Drivers
- Instant Access to Tactile Controls
- Fully digital control for total recall, remote control and control surface support
- Comprehensive Precision Metering — so you always know what is going on
- Works with or without a Computer
- Metric Halo’s Exclusive Per-channel selectable Character — from ultra clean to nice and gooey
- Integrated ultra-low-latency instantiable processing with plenty of DSP power to run it
- Most Compact, Lowest Weight, Lowest Power and Lowest Price in its Class