Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Toshiba’s Mobile LCD Monitor Is An iPad-Thin Second Display

I’m madly in love with my 11-inch MacBook Air, but sometime I wish I had a little more screen real estate for it… an external display that was as portable as it is.
Toshiba’s new portable LCD, the creatively christened Mobile LCD Monitor, looks like just the thing: it’s an iPad-thin 14-inch unit, allowing you to add a 1366×768 secondary display driven entirely by USB, no AC adapter required.
Given how limited the number of USB ports on my Air, I could grumble a bit about how Toshiba’s offering doesn’t come with a Mini DisplayPort option. Even so, I love this little unit, right on down to its clever leather carrying case that, like most iPad folios, allows you to prop the display up for easy viewing.
If you’re interested, you can buy the Mobile LCD Monitor now for just $199.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment