"The DRS-2 is the culmination of over 40 years experience designing Class A circuitry within the Audio Recording Industry. The DRS-2 was the first bespoke product to be launched by Phoenix Audio (UK) in the U.K. in November 1999, and has enjoyed an almost "cult" following ever since. The Class A output stage (TF1) was originally designed by David Rees, the designer of the famous Neve 2253 Limiter and 2254 Limiter/compressor (amongst many other designs), as a retrofit for Neve modules, and the TF1 has now been superseded by the DSOP2 output stage.
The Class A, discrete, truly balanced, transformerless microphone input stage was designed to out-perform any transformer input for frequency response, yet has all the characteristics expected in a high quality Class A design, while the discrete, Class A, high input-impedance DI stage delivers a clearer, stronger and more defined and open sound that captures all the nuances and subtleties of your instrument."
Phoenix Audio DRS-2 2-Channel Microphone Preamp Features
- Stereo 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A Output specs. See the DSOP2 Specifications!!
- Outputs: XLR's and TSR 1/4" Jack on rear
- Phoenix Audio's unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Microphone inputs: XLR's on Front and Rear Panels
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button switches