Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Going Through It



This is an excerpt from Carlisle's post on Tumblr . It resonated with me so i posted it here:
"Between the ages of 18 through 24 were the hardest years of my life. I had no support from family nor friends about my career decision. In fact, everyone was telling me I was dumb and stupid for trying to do music and how music has no future but I thought all of them were hypocrites because they’re the same ones that were buying equipment to build studios and sound systems. I remember clearly one of my brothers’ friends giving me a lecture on how I should follow in their paths because computers are the way of the future. He was right but what all of these people did not understand because they’re from a society of sound systems and where everyone is a superstar with one song out is that music business outside of reggae doesn’t sell music. It sells culture that’s why they make money....."
Read the rest of the post here:
http://carlisleyoung.tumblr.com/post/5386418904/going-through-it

No comments:

Post a Comment