The 2254 works well on vocals, bass, drums, guitar, and even brass and string sections. It excels at getting sounds to stand out in a mix.
- input:10K ohm bridging earth-free
- output: Source impedance 80 ohms, balanced and earth-free
- maximum output +26dbm into 600ohms
- gain:0db (preset)
- noise:-75dbm in the band 20Hz to 20kHz for the linear and Limit modes rising in the compression mode with an increase in 'MAKE UP GAIN' to a maximum of -60dbm at 6:1 ratio
- frequency Response: Flat, within 1db, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- distortion: Typical results measured at +8db out and with 800ms recovery time are: residual, linear mode-0.05%. Compression mode, 6:1 ratio-0.2%
- limiting mode@20db input -0.4%
- limiter: ratio: greater than 100:1
- level: +8dbm within 0.5db on preset, adjustable from +4dbm to +12dbm in steps of 0.5dbm
- attack Time: 5mS
- recovery Time: 100mS, 200mS, 800mS, and 'Auto' 50mS/5 sec.
- ratio: 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1.
- threshold: 0dbm, within 0.5db on preset, adjustable from-20dbm, to +10dbm in 2db steps.
- attack time:5ms
- recovery time: 400mS, 800mS, 1500mS/5 sec
- gain:0db below compression threshold, adjustable 'Gain make up' available from 0db to +20db
- meter: switched to indicated either gain control up to 16db or signal level from -12db to +12db. Action approximates that of a P.P.M.