The BeesNeez Judas ($799) is an affordable ribbon microphone with an expensive sound.
The Judas is not your typical ribbon mic. It can withstand SPLs up to 135db while retaining that warm, realistic sound ribbons are known for.
"Like many of it’s predecessors, the BeesNeez Judas has a clear and flat frequency response, the output is a little hotter than most though, due to the superiority of great modern components such as the neo magnets and Lundahl transformer that were not available during the height of ribbon popularity."
"The BeesNeez Judas is at home recording Brass and Wind instruments, guitar cabs and sounds stellar as a room mic or drum overhead. The clear and flat frequency response makes the mix phase a dream by remaining punchy and defined in the mix with minimum post processing."
•Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
• Polar Pattern: Figure-8
• Generating Element: 2.6-micron aluminum ribbon
• Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
• Frequency Response: 30 -15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
• Sensitivity: -50 dBv Re. 1v/pa
• Output Impedance: 300 Ohms @ 1K (nominal)
• Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms @ 300 Ohms
• Maximum SPL: >135dB @ 20 Hz• Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)
For more info visit BeesNeez.com