IGS Audio has announced their One LA 500 compressor for the 500 series market. The unit is a dual slot mono module with the original Teletronix audio path with tubes on both input and output. It's a simple but impressive looking unit with easily read and operated controls. The large VU meter is a definite plus. Anyone familiar with the LA-2A will be right at home with this unit.
- 500-series double module, mono unit,
- +4dB operating level,
- the original Teletronix 68. audio path,
- tubes powered by 250V DC,
- JJ 12AX7 input and RFT 12AU7 output tubes,
- Sowter input transformer,
- Edcor output transformer,
- OEP sidechain transformer,
- T4B replaceable photocell,
- Power consumption: max 180mA per slot,
- Input impedance: 10k Ohm,
- Maximum output: +21dBU,
- Amplification: 36dB,
- Gain reduction: 36dB,
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz, +/-0.1 dB,
- Potentiometers manipulators,
- Hard wire bypass,
- Compressor/Limiter mode,
- Large VU meter,
- 3 years warranty,
- Shipping weight: 3kg.
Price: 725 EUR/$994 USD
The Photon 500 is their other LA-2A based unit;
From the website:
"The PHOTON 500 is an optical compressor, based on technology from the 60's, first used in the UREI LA-2A limiter and later in the LA4. As homage to these legendary products, we packed this technology into a 500-series module. The PHOTON 500 uses an opto-coupler, which introduces negative feedback in the audio path, taking care of gain reduction. It also has an electronically balanced input with 2520 compatible op-amp in the gain stage and a Carnhill transformer balanced output."
- Peak Reduction: controls the gain of the side-chain circuit,
- Hard wire Bypass,
- Ratio: 2:1, 4:1, 12:1,
- Sidechain Hi-Pass filter: Flat, 60, 120Hz,
- London/New York: Advanced compression curve modeling, like SLAM.
- Output: 12-pole stepped makeup gain.
- 500-series module,
- Input impedance: 10kOhm,
- Max input level: +24 dBu,
- Output impedance: 600Ω by Carnhill,
- Maximum Output Level: +32 dBu,
- Total Harmonic Distortion: max 0.5%,
- Frequency response: +/- 0.2 dB 8Hz to 20kHz,
- Gain: 30dB,
- HPF: Off, 60Hz, 120Hz,
- Signal to noise ratio: more than 99 dB,
- Power supply: +/- 16V,
- Power consumption: 110mA,
- Dimensions: 133x37x180mm,
- Weight: 700g,
- 3 year warranty.
Here's a quick demo of a pair of PHOTONs being used on a drum loop:
Price 525 EUR/$720 USD
IGS products can be purchased in the US at Atlas Pro Audio.
See my previous posts on IGS Audio gear here.