TUBE-TECH SSA 2B Stereo Summing Amplifier features two very low noise / low distortion summing amplifiers with a very wide frequency response. The inputs are transformer balanced and the circuits are symmetrical from input to output. The inputs are capable of handling extremely high input levels. The Outputs are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuits are based on a solid-state circuit. With the exception of the output stage all DC voltages are stabilised.
SSA2B Summing principle:
All inputs are balanced by two zero field transformers (one for each channel).
What is zero field transformer?
In the zero field transformer configurations, the transformer is part of the feedback circuit.
There are several benefits for this:
1. The voltage across the transformer is reduced substantially whereby a much
smaller transformer is needed for the same specification.
The reduction is of the same magnitude as the feedback applied.
2. The distortion at low frequencies is reduced substantially.
2. Frequency response in both the low and high range is extended.
3. Phase response in both the low and high range, is also reduced.
- 10 stereo - 1 stereo output
- 2 first stereo inputs can be switched as 4 mono inputs
- 23-step gold plated output gain control
- Master Output Gain: -10 dB to +10 dB
- Fully symmetrical circuitry from input to output
- Zero field transformer balanced inputs.
- Maximum input > +30 dBu
- Low noise: < -85 dBu @ all inputs terminated
- Two large VU meters showing output level
- Frequency response 5 Hz – 100 kHz
- Distortion < 0,05 %