Input Channels :
• Eight channels expandable by adding additional units and linking the busses
• All inputs and outputs are balanced, line level and able to drive 600 ohms
• All inputs are via a four position gain switch (with classic red Marconi knob) which controls the input gain from +10dB to -20dB, plus another 10dB gain "in hand" in the fader.
• All channels have two inputs, either a 25 pin D sub for mixing or an XLR for tracking. The channels can be switched individually or globally via the blue "tracking" switches.
• All channels have pre-fade insertions and an LED VU meter that monitors the pre-fade insertion return level. By having the meter here, if no insertion is used then the meter follows the input, and if an insertion is used (like a compressor or EQ with high gain) the meter will indicate the level hitting the channel. THe LED has ten segments that range from -20VU to +3VU. All LEDS up to -1 are green, 0,+1 and +2 are yellow, and +3 is red.
• Two main stereo busses have an automatic pan control: Pressing L sends to the Left bus, pressing R sends to the Right bus, and pressing both selects the centre detented pan pot and lights a small green LED for confirmation. If the pan pot is central there is no difference in level and rotating the pot sweeps from +3dB to infinity.
• A pre-fade aux send control, intended as a stereo Cue Send, can also be used as an effects send because a stereo effects return path is also provided.
• The Channel fader knob has 10dB signal in hand and, by plugging a connector into the back of the unit, remote sliding faders can be used to control channel and output levels.
• Illuminated Solo-in-place and Channel cut buttons are at the bottom of each channel. When solo is selected, all channels that are cut will light their red LED in the cut button. Pressing more Solo buttons will release those mutes. The muting is controlled by opto-isolators to minimize clicks and to provide a smooth "cross-fade" perfect for dropping in a channel into a mix.
• A remote fader pack, either rackmountable or desktop, with a choice of either P & G or Alps faders, is connected via a 56 pin Elco connector. Custom cable lengths are made to order (long runs not a problem).
Master Section :
• Two Sifam VU meters and a Sifam Phase meter. The phase meter keeps a watchful eye on the Mono compatibility of the stereo signal.
•A four position source selection switch selects either the stereo output, the stereo playback return, the auxiliary sends, and the PT mix (assuming that it is assigned to channels 1 & 2) the pre-fade signals on these two channels being sent directly to monitor. The buffered VU meters follow the monitor.
• There are switchable outputs to two sets of loudspeakers and a mute control.
• A front panel headphone jack is provided with its own level control. Using the jack socket does not mute the loudspeakers. The output will drive any impedance from 8 ohms upwards and will drive over 7 volts into 600 ohms headphones.
• Master output level controls including Aux send pots. The Stereo output has individual level controls and a master cut switch.
• A Stereo effects return input with cut switch acts, in effect, like the ninth and tenth input to the mix bus.
•An illuminated blue "TRACK" switch changes the sources, globally, to the channels from "MIX" inputs on the 25 pin D sub to Track inputs on the rear panel XLR's. The channels can also be switched individually by the blue "TRACK" buttons on each channel. The channel outputs are available on the output 25 pin D sub and can be used to send mic pre-amplifiers signals to Pro-Tools (or other DAW) for tracking while the other channels are used for mixing.
• The rear panel has Neutric XLR's for channel inputs and channel direct outputs. These connectors are linked (via relays in the case of channel input) to two 25 pin D-Subs for Pro -Tools ® interconnect cables. All other inputs and outputs are on balanced TRS 1/4" jack sockets and all signal are balanced, line level.