- JT-16-B Input Transformer. Jensen's best mic input model.
- Two 990 Discrete Op-Amps Per Channel. Faster, quieter, more powerful and better sounding than typical monolithic op-amps.
- Elimination Of All Coupling Capacitors From The Signal Path. Results in less degradation of the audio signal.
- JT-11-BMQ Output Transformer. Jensen's best line output transformer.
- Input Bias Current Compensation Circuitry And DC Servo Circuitry. Eliminates signal degrading coupling capacitors.
- Standard Features:
- Fully Sealed Conductive Plastic Gain Control. Provides smooth continuous gain adjustments from 16dB to 60dB.
- 20 OHM MIC switch or 20dB PAD switch.
- POLARITY REVERSE switch.
- PHANTOM POWER switch.
- All Front Panel Switches Are LED Illuminated.
- Gold Plated XLR Connectors for maximum reliability.
- Ground Lift Switch On Each Channel. Helpful for eliminating ground loops.
- VU-1 meter. Very accurate and informative 20 segment LED meter, with separate Peak LED, for monitoring preamp output.
- Toroidal Power Transformer With Additional Shielding. Eliminates hum problems so no external power supply is needed.
- Universal Power Supply. Internal switch provides six primary voltage choices to accommodate use anywhere in the world.
- Chassis Ground Isolation Switch. Helpful for eliminating ground loops.
- Pin 2 Or Pin 3 High. Internal jumpers make changes in the field easy.
The John Hardy 990 is a made to order unit that can be outfitted with up to four channels of high quality transformer input Mic-pres.
Prices vary from $1550 (single channel) to $4250 (four channels).
It sounds great on a variety of sources, especially vocals and acoustic instruments.
If you're looking for a sound that's clean with just a slight hint of color, John Hardy should definitely be on your list.
Visit the John Hardy website for more info.