I saw this on the 500 Love Facebook group and thought I should share it. Like the Bettermaker C502v the WesAudio_dione is a Stereo Bus Compressor with software recall via plugins in your DAW.
I think moving forward we're going to see more and more hardware incorporating digital control. For those who prefer a "hybrid" workflow this is a good thing if the sonics and build quality is not compromised for the sake of convenience. Kudos to the manufacturers for approaching this growing trend with the same TLC and attention to detail as they did with the "vintage" analog gear we revere. The WesAudio_dione has some great features.
The ones that stood out to me are:
a. The threshold, mix and makeup knobs are touch sensitive and can be automated.
b. The side chain can be used directly from the plugin, no patch cables necessary.
c. The GR meter is displayed in the plugin itself.
d. It has 2 modes of Harmonic distortion.
e. Tons of headroom.
f. Hardware A/B settings switch
Here's the introductory video of the WesAudio_dione:
List of Features:
- famous bus compressor design with usage of best analogue components,
- compatible with GCon – innovative High-speed USB/Ethernet protocol,
- digitally controlled and isolated analog circuit
- direct USB connection to control analogue device with usage of VST2/VST3/AAX plugins.
- hardware A/B settings switch,
- digital sidechain – side chain signal can be sent from the plugin itself (DAW) to the compressor,
- 3 touch sensitive encoders allow record automation of particular parameters (Threshold, Mix, Make Up) in DAW,
- true bypass
- accurate analogue GR meter and its precise simulation implemented in the plug-in itself,
- THD – harmonic distortion with two modes (Medium & High),
- Mix knob which allows parallel compression,
- free software and firmware upgrades,
- +24dBu of headroom
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz (0.1dB)
- THD+N (WET): 0.008% (1kHz,0dBu)
- THD+N (DRY): 0.004% (1kHz,0dBu)
- Input impedance: 10kohm
- Output impedance: <100ohm
- Max gain: 21dB
- < -90dB
- Attack: 0.1,0.3,1,3,10,30 (ms)
- Release: 0.1,0.3,0.6,0.9,1.2,Auto (s)
- Ratio: 1.5,2.4.10
- SC Filter: 60,90,150,T1,T2
- THD (MID switch): 1%
- THD (HIGH switch): 4%
The WesAudio_dione will be available in January 2016 for $1199.