Friday, June 10, 2011

Karma Is A Bitch Only If You Are

























Working at Platinum Island started to show me what schools were all about. I was getting the real world world situation during the evenings and at nights and the school experience in the mornings. My recording studio teacher in school had a 2 day session at Platinum Island that I was very excited about. To have my teacher see me working at a studio way before graduating was all I kept thinking about. Maybe he would just give me an “A” and let me skip the class. Maybe he would brag about me to the other students and faculty. I was hoping for something. Then the day of the session I helped the assistant engineer align two Studer A-827 24 inch machines, an Ampex ATR-102 1/2 inch machine, two Panasonic SV-3700 DAT machines, two Tascam 112B cassette decks, set up the vocal booth with a Neumann U-47 microphone to a NEVE 1066 mic pre to a Urei LA-2A and AKG 414 for an acoustic guitar. Read more ...... 


http://carlisleyoung.tumblr.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment